AHSS Winter School Loyalty Award
- 20% tuition fee reduction on year 1 of Master’s programmes OR
- 20% tuition fee reduction on year 1 or transfer into first year of study in an Undergraduate level programme OR
- An Accommodation award (up to a maximum of £1000) for international fee paying students enrolling on a Study Abroad semester or year long programme
All of the above are for entry in 2021/2022 only and apply exclusively in: School of Arts, English and Languages; School of History, Anthropology and Philosophy and Politics; School of Law; and School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Students must hold an offer of a place on a full-time and complete duration programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2021-22 (in one of the Schools listed in point 12 below) and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter. Exclusions apply – see point 13 below.
2. Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount.
4. Students must have successfully completed the full duration of the AHSS Winter School, attendance will be monitored and recorded at all sessions.
5. Students must have successfully completed the AHSS post-event evaluation form as requested by the specified deadline.
6. Students must complete an application form via the Queen’s University Belfast website to verify their study on the AHSS Winter School.
7. For postgraduate and undergraduate study the discount is awarded for the first year of study only, and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment. The scholarship cannot be used in place of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
8. For Study Abroad courses a £1000 accommodation award is available for the academic year 2021/2022 only.
9. Students must register on their degree programme by the start date outlined in their offer.
10. If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred.
11. Students must be self-funded.
12. If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for an International Office Undergraduate Scholarship. This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
13. The following programmes exclusively are eligible for the AHSS Winter School Loyalty Scholarship - all full-degree Master’s and undergraduate level programmes in:
- School of Arts, English and Languages
- School of History, Anthropology and Philosophy and Politics
- School of Law
- School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
14. For Study Abroad programmes to be eligible for an Accommodation Award a student must be studying the majority of their courses in one of the Schools listed in point 13, and be allocated to one of the Schools accordingly.
15. Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
16. In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2021-22 academic year.
17. Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive only the highest value award with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant.
18. International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship. Where eligible students can use their scholarship in conjunction with the Early-Bird reward discount. To confirm eligibility contact the International Office by email email@example.com
19. The Winter School Loyalty Scholarship is capped at a maximum of 50 awards for any given academic year.
20. The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.