QUEEN'S IS RANKED IN THE TOP 200 UNIVERSITIES IN THE WORLD
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
WHY CHOOSE QUEEN'S?
- 14 Queen’s subjects in the top 200 in the world (QS World Rankings by subject 2019)
25 Queen's subjects are in the UK top 20 (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
We're ranked 8th in the UK for research intensity (REF 2014).
Queen’s has significantly lower course fees than many other Russell group universities, and Belfast is the cheapest student city in the UK, with low rent and living costs. (Which? University, 2018)
We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships to help cover your study costs.
Scholarships range from full tuition fee payments, 20% fee reductions for returning students, 10% reductions for students that pay fees early and academic attainment scholarships.
Learn more about Queen's International Scholarships
Joining a club or society at Queen's is the perfect opportunity to meet new people, keep up your interest in a passion or, even better, to find a brand new one you never knew you had! With over 200 clubs, all of them student-led, there's something for everyone.
Belfast is one of Europe’s most hip and vibrant capital cities, just ask the experts at Lonely Planet who lauded the city for its energy, lively atmosphere, and our ‘dynamic young population that keeps the city on trend.’
The beauty is that it’s all packed into a compact city that’s easy and safe to explore.
Queen’s is not just a launch pad for future careers, but also for adventure and travel. On the western edge of Europe, we're small but well connected.
Our city, Belfast, is compact but big on places to go and things to do. Belfast is within easy access of some of the most spectacular scenery in Ireland and less than an hours flight from London and Edinburgh and only two hours flight from Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels.
Queen's University has enjoyed successful collaborations in South East Asia for many years with some of the regions top universities and organisations. They include:
- Providing safer energy though mercury-free natural gas through Queen’s partnership with Malaysian oil and gas giant Petronas
- The development of a robust wireless communications system, which can battle through an earthquake, tsunami or hurricane and provides early warning of natural disasters
- Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP) sponsors postgraduate studies at Queen’s
- Strong links with both business and academic institutes in Malaysia: Petronas, Brickfields, University of Malaya and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Ongoing Newton funded research collaboration with Universitas Malaya, Malaysia, in PACED initiative (Promoting Awareness of Cancer and Early Detection)
- Queen’s welcomes PhD students through the Vietnam International Education Development (VIED)
- FEATURE: Queen's and Brickfields: A Partnership in Excellence
CONNECT WITH US
Kong Tzer Miin
Tel: +60 16 5269165
Cambodia, Japan, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam
Chew Bee Ling
Tel: +60 18 9894381
Brunei, Malaysia, Taiwan
Tel: +62 812 19199081
What can you study?
Read our student guides
Carmen Chen Chinq Lih, Malaysia
What Made Queen’s My Firm Choice for International Study
Hew Hoong Liang, Malaysia
Exploring Belfast's Nightlife - Malaysian Edition
Jia Xin Chang, Malaysia
What to do at the weekend in Belfast (no alcohol version)
Jing Yen, Malaysia
Guide to choosing the right university
Queen's Malaysian society
13 photos that prove the Malaysian Society at Queen's have far too much fun
Jade Yuen Kei Wong
8 delicious Asian foods spots to try near campus
Justin Ng, Malaysia
6 Places in Belfast that will cure your homesickness for Asia
Hew Hoong Liang, Malaysia
How to make new friends at university