How can advances in AI be protected despite exclusions to the patentability of mathematical methods and programs for computers? This workshop will address those fundamental issues.
The topics covered include:
· How to demonstrate technicality
· Mathematical methods in patents
· Computer Implemented Inventions
· The EPO approach to AI and Machine Learning
· EPO approach to AI adapted to specific hardware
· EPO approach to AI applied to specific technologies
Participants will be able to develop their knowledge and skills in the patenting process involved in AI and important considerations that should be made prior to filing a patent application.
Participants will also be given the opportunity to ask questions during a Q&A session which will take place at the end of the workshop.
This workshop is being delivered by Justin Woods, a Patent Attorney with FR Kelly, who has expertise in computer related inventions.