Soroptimist International Northern Ireland (SINI), Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) and Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) are pleased to invite you to our exciting 2021 International Women’s Day celebration of renowned female scientists.
- March 6, 2021
- 10:00 - 11:30
This event has ended. You can watch the recording by clicking below.
Speakers who will be introduced by Mrs Melanie Douglas-Kerrin, President Soroptimist International NI include;
- Dr Elizabeth Magowan (Director of Sustainable Agri-Food Sciences, AFBI)
- Professor Louise Cosby (Head of Virology, AFBI)
- Professor Sharon Huws (Institute for Global Food Security, QUB)
- Dr Lisa Black (Head of AFBI Crossnacreevy)
- Professor Niamh O‘Connell (Institute for Global Food Security, QUB)
- Mrs Josephine Kelly (Acting Chief Executive, AFBI)
Mrs Joan Houston, (AFBI Board Member and Member of the SINI Regional Executive), will draw the event to its conclusion.
Speakers will give an overview of their work and how it aligns with delivery of the UN Sustainability Goals in their roles as leaders within academia, their respective organisations and society at large.
This event brings together strategic partners AFBI and QUB presenting how they are actively engaged to enable the delivery of state-of-the-art science addressing the challenges faced by agri-food at a local and global level. On International Women’s day Soroptimist International of Northern Ireland is delighted to promote the role of these women, meeting UN sustainability goals showing impact across the world.
School of Biological Sciences
- #IWD2021 #ChooseToChallenge
- Add to calendar
|Name||Michael Hills IGFS Events and Campaigns Coordinator|