Queen’s has a long history of conducting innovative and world-leading research with partners in industry, government, public policy, social and healthcare, the arts and the voluntary sector, across these islands, and around the world.
We are proud to be an outward-looking institution, responding to the challenges faced by society. This is a critical time to strengthen that commitment and to reassert the values of inclusion and social justice which lie at the heart of our mission.
OUR VISION FOR ENGAGED RESEARCH
‘To become a world leader in promoting the values of partnership and collaboration in research by building and sustaining mutually-beneficial research relationships, with real-world impact, and championing a culture where staff and partners feel valued and supported in their research engagement activities.’
Engagement is, by definition, a two-way process, involving interaction and listening, with the goal of generating mutual benefit.
Putting mutual benefit at the heart of such engagement means:
- Not just advocating for our research, but working with others to improve the quality and the type of research we do.
- Not just communicating our research, but helping to increase broader understanding of knowledge to support informed decisions on political, economic, health, social, and cultural issues.
- Not just telling people about our research, but challenging ourselves to communicate technical knowledge to a broader range of non-technical audiences more effectively, and demonstrate the influence of external expertise on academic research priorities
The Engaged Research Seed Fund is an internal award scheme to support Engaged Research activities and projects.
The Fund is intended to support projects with clear potential to provide opportunities for research engagement with external stakeholders or to further consolidate research relationships, and that are not currently in receipt of other funds which could reasonably support that activity. The Fund also aims to assist in developing pump-priming activities which may open up the possibility of future external funding.
THE IMPACT AND ENGAGEMENT TEAM
The Impact and Engagement Team offers a variety of group and bespoke capacity building exercises. We are happy to hear from colleagues and partners who wish to avail of any of the following:
- Building Research Engagement into Proposals
- Engaging for Impact - developing sustainable engagement project plans
- Measuring your Impact
Please contact email@example.com for further information or to set up a meeting with a member of the Research Impact and Engagement Team.