Queen’s University Belfast is engaging in a short programme of webinars to identify and discuss areas where A&D/STEM technology will be valued and valuable in the near future.
Leading engineers, scientists, executives and commentators will participate in five online webinars: Defence & Military Aviation, Civil Aerospace, Space, 4th Industrial Revolution (IoT, Cyber, AI, Autonomy, Robotics) and Global Challenges.
Route to Zero Emissions: Evolution or revolution?
Date: 16 July, 15:00pm
Access to the webinars will be strictly by invitation only. If you are interested in participating in a webinar please apply to the A&D Next Gen Leaders LinkedIn Group via this link or email NGLWebinars@Aero-Insight.com
Professor of Composite Materials and Aerostructures, Queen’s University, Belfast
Professor Brian G. Falzon is the Head of the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, and Professor of Composite Materials and Aerostructures at Queen’s University Belfast. Between 2013 and 2017, he held the prestigious Royal Academy of Engineering – Bombardier Chair in Aerospace Composites. Between 2008 and 2012 he was the Foundation Chair in Aerospace Engineering at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, where he was also Director of Research and Head of the Aerospace Engineering programmes. Between 1996 and 2008, Professor Falzon was at Imperial College London where he joined as a postdoctoral research fellow before becoming an academic staff member.
- Bill Sweetman – Northrop Grumman
- Fredrik Kämpfe - Director Industry Affairs, Swedish Aviation Industry Group
- Dr. Harold “Sonny” White, former Advanced Propulsion Theme Lead for the NASA Engineering Directorate
- Prof. Nick Colisimo – Technologist BAE Systems
- Admiral Neil Morisetti – currently an academic at UCL, Neil was previously Commander UK Maritime Forces and Special Envoy on Climate Change
- Geoff Booth - Consultant, Gp.Capt. RAF (Rt.)
- Nick Cook - Technology Consultant and Author
- Muk Pandian -Robotics and Autonomy expert
- John McCarthy – Broadcaster (who will moderate the Global Challenges webinar)
- Nuri Arda Güngör - Chief Engineer Jet Trainer Program
- Laurie Hilditch retired Fighter Pilot and Test Pilot
- Jack Pelton - Chairman of the Board and CEO of the US Experimental Aircraft Association and former CEO and President of Cessna
- Prof. Brian Falzon – Professor of Composite Materials and Aerostructures, Queen’s University, Belfast
- Prof Madeline Carr - Professor of Global Politics and Cyber Security at UCL and a member of the World Economic Forum Global Council on the IoT.
- Charles Chase - CEO of UnLab, previously Head of Advanced Technologies at Lockheed Martin’s Skunk Works
- Dr Jean-Christophe Maudait (UCL), professional astronomer by training, experienced in space sciences research, education and space diplomacy
- Nicole Stott, US Astronaut
- Valeri Tokarev – Russian Cosmonaut
- Justin Bronk – RUSI
- Paul Heathcote – A380 Pilot