Check out the lunchtime workouts with Queen’s Sport
INDOOR SPORTS FACILITIES
- State of the art fitness area with over 200 cardio and resistance machines
- Functional training and weights area with six power cages and Olympic lifting platforms
- Six lane, 25m swimming and diving pool + sauna
- Two multi-purpose sports halls
- Martial arts area
- 2 climbing and bouldering walls
- 8 squash courts
- 2 handball / racquetball courts
- 12 badminton courts
- 4 exercise and dance studios
- Fitness and exercise facility within Queens’ city centre accommodation BT1: cardio machines, functional weights and training areas
OUTDOOR SPORTS FACILITIES
- World class Arena pitch and clubhouse capable of seating nearly 330 people
- Only facility in UK and Ireland that showcases competitive rugby, Gaelic games and soccer on one single platform.
- State-of-the-art floodlit grass and synthetic playing surfaces
- 22 changing rooms in the clubhouse and 16 pitchside grass changing rooms
- Boat house on the River Lagan for our rowing clubs
- Mountaineering cottage (sleeps 24) in Mourne Mountains, Co Down
- Annual 5K race attracting thousands of runners
Queen's has 54 sports clubs ranging from tennis to taekwondo and a full range of team sports for all levels, including football, rugby, Gaelic sports, hockey, basketball and cricket. Water sport clubs include sailing, surfing, the boat club and underwater hockey. Try out cheerleading, archery, skydiving, dance, caving, ultimate frisbee or even aerial fitness.
ELITE SPORTS ACADEMIES
We help exceptional athletes achieve their goals, through academic support, financial assistance / scholarships, tutoring, media support, physiotherapy/sports massage, access to our top class facilities and bespoke sports clothing. Over 35 teams and 600 students compete in local and national leagues/competitions each year.
EXERCISE CLASSES AND COURSES
With over 75+ weekly classes to choose from you will find a class that suits your needs and your fitness level. Kettlebells, Spin, HIIT, Flow or Power Chi Yoga, Pilates, Supersculpt, Glute-camp, Swimming, Climbing, Strength and Conditioning, Street dance and Hip Hop, Boxing, KPopX Fitness, Couch to 5K, Mindfulness + many more.
Membership of Queen’s Sport is included in all Queen’s student accommodation rent packages.
Student membership of Queen's Sport starts from just £16.50 per month.