The following qualifications will be considered for direct entry to undergraduate programmes:
- Students who have completed 12 years of education in China and attained the Secondary School Leaving Certificate with good grades must complete an approved Foundation programme or GCE A Levels for progression to undergraduate degree programmes.
- The Gaokao Chinese University Entrance Examination will be considered, along with performance in the Senior High School examination for entry to Stage 1 of our undergraduate programmes (excluding Medicine and Dentistry), with a minimum score of 75% overall average in Gaokao and 75% in all subjects. Subject-specific requirements must be met. Where A-level Mathematics is a course requirement, both Mathematics and Physics must be taken as part of the Gaokao, and a score of 80% in each subject will be required. If a subject is a specified as a requirement at GCSE grade C, a score of 75% in this subject in Senior Secondary school HUI Kao (Graduation Certificate) will be accepted. If Grade B in GCSE is required, a score of 80% in the subject in Senior Secondary school HUI Kao will be accepted.
- Progression to Stage 1 of an undergraduate degree programme at Queen's (with the exception of Agricultural Technology, Medicine, Dentistry and Social Work) is guaranteed for students who successfully complete the INTO Queen's International Foundation Programme at the required standard.
- Students who have completed one or two years of university study in China may be eligible for admission to Bachelor degree programmes, if relevant subjects have been studied and strong grades have been achieved.
- Applicants who have already completed A-Levels/a recognised Foundation programme or the first year of a relevant degree programme in China, but who do not meet the academic or English language requirements for entry, may wish to consider INTO Queen's International Year One. Successful completion at the required standard offers direct entry to the second year of selected undergraduate degree programmes in Management, Economics, Finance and Engineering.
- Between 30 and 36 points in the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB). Information on required grades.
Please note: Grades required vary depending on the programme of study. Further guidance on the entry requirements for each degree programme can be found in the Undergraduate Coursefinder.
Entry to graduate diploma or taught masters programmes usually requires either a UK upper second-class (2:1) or a lower second-class (2:2) undergraduate degree. For most courses, your major subject or content of your Bachelor degree may also be considered. Please check our Course Finder for specific entry requirements.
Applicants from China should hold a good four-year bachelor degree from a recognised, well ranked university with an average grade of at least 70-85%.
|Type of institution||UK 2.1 Hons standard||UK 2.2 Hons standard|
||Final average 75%
||Final average 70%
||Final average 80%
||Final average 75%
||Final average 85%
||Final average 80%
Tier 1: Prestigious Universities (Double First Class Universities and Top 100 Academic Ranking of World Universities). Tier 2: Other Recognised Universities and Independent Colleges affiliated to a Tier 1 Institution (as defined by Queen's). Tier 3: Other Independent Colleges recognised by Ministry of Education and Self-Study Degrees.
When submitting your application, please ensure that you upload copies of official transcripts for completed programmes as well as those currently in progress. Final Bachelor Degree and Graduation Certificates for programmes already complete should also be provided.
Applicants should upload official English translations of their qualifications documents, for example, official translations (signed and stamped) issued by the degree-awarding university/institution in China.
We will also accept online verification reports (in English) of the degree certificate, transcript and the qualification certificate issued by CHESICC (China Credentials Verification service) – please see https://www.chsi.com.cn/en/service/ for further details. There is a fee for this service.
We will consider students who have completed their degree with lower grades than those outlined in their offer letter. For many postgraduate taught programmes, Chinese graduates will normally be accepted with a final average mark of up to 2% below the condition stated in the official offer letter, assuming that performance in key modules is of an appropriate standard.
Sometimes, it may be possible to exercise flexibility in the case of applicants who have fallen more than 2% below the target grade when final results are known. In these cases, the decision will be at the discretion of the Academic Selector.
On completion of your degree, you should forward a copy of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the award of your qualification and the overall grade:
- Official transcript (final version including all your grades)
- Bachelor degree Certificate
- Graduation Certificate
It is only on receipt of these documents that we will be able to confirm your acceptance.
INTO Queen's Preparation Courses
For those interested in Computing, Finance and Management courses, but who do not meet the entry requirements, you may wish to consider a a pre-masters Graduate Diploma offered by INTO Queen's.
Students interested in undertaking a PhD at Queen’s University need good grades in their Bachelor and Masters degree programmes awarded by a recognised university, in addition to a strong research proposal.