The following qualifications will be considered for direct entry to undergraduate programmes:
- The Sijil Tingii Persekolahan Malaysia (Malaysia Higher School Certificate) (STPM) is considered comparable to A-levels. Grades in three of the five subjects must meet our A-level grade requirements (excluding General Studies and Malay language).
- Completion of the Matrikulasi (Matriculation Certificate) with a minimum average GPA of 3.0 may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Completion of the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC - Senior Middle Level) with a minimum of ABBBBB in six academic subjects and Grade A1 or A2 in relevant subjects will be considered.
Typical requirements in six subjects (excluding Chinese and Malay) for applicants with UEC would be as follows:
- AAAABB (comparable to AAB at A-Level)
- AAABBB (comparable to ABB at A-Level)
- AABBBB (comparable to BBB at A-Level)
- ABBBBB (comparable to BBC at A Level)
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) administered by the SACE Board of South Australia with score of 80/Grade B or above.
- Victorian Certificate of Education with average of grade B
- Canadian High School or Secondary School Diploma with an overall score of 75-80%
- Between 30 and 36 points in the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB). Information on required grades.
To be considered for entry to Medicine or Dentistry, the required STPM grades are A,A (in Chemistry and Biology) and A- in another subject excluding Pengajian Am (General Studies) and Bahasa Melayu (Malay Language).
College/Institute Diplomas - applicants holding a three-year post SPM diploma with good grades may be considered for direct entry to Stage two of undergraduate programmes on a case by case basis.
The grades required will vary according to your chosen programme. Please check our Course Finder for detailed entry requirements.
Entry to graduate diploma or taught masters programmes at Queen's University Belfast usually requires either a UK upper second-class (2:1) or a lower second-class (2:2) undergraduate degree. For most courses, your major subject or content of your Bachelor degree may also be considered. Please check our Course Finder for specific entry requirements.
The comparable Malaysian qualifications are as follows:
UK Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1)
A good Bachelor degree awarded by a recognised Malaysian university with Class 2 division 1 or a CGPA of 3.0/4.
UK Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2)
A good Bachelor degree awarded by a recognised Malaysian university with Class 2 division 2 or a CGPA of 2.8/4.
Advanced Diploma (Engineering/Science relevant) from Tunku Abdul Rahman College with CGPA 2.8 and above will be considered for entry to postgraduate taught Master's programmes in Engineering/Science.
When submitting your application, please ensure that you upload copies of official transcripts for completed programmes as well as those currently in progress. Degree award certificates for programmes already complete should also be provided.
Sometimes, it may be possible to exercise flexibility in the case of applicants who have completed their degree with slightly lower grades than those outlined in their offer letter. In these cases, the decision will be at the discretion of the Academic Selector.
On completion of your degree, you should forward a copy of your official transcript and award certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the award of your qualification and the overall grade. Unfortunately, we cannot advise you further until we receive this documentation.
INTO Queen's Preparation Courses
For those interested in Computing, Finance or Management courses, but who do not meet the entry requirements, you may wish to consider a a pre-masters Graduate Diploma offered by INTO Queen's.
Students interested in undertaking a PhD at Queen’s University need good grades in their Bachelor and Masters degree programmes awarded by a recognised university, in addition to a strong research proposal.