With one of our eight free postgraduate courses
Funded postgraduate courses
If you have been furloughed, made redundant or unable to gain employment in your field as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may understandably be feeling uncertain about your future.
Using this time to acquire in-demand skills could be the ace up your sleeve when you do return to the workforce.
Queen's University is offering a suite of free Postgraduate Certificates, funded by the Department for the Economy.
These programmes are to upskill individuals in a range of subjects including Software Development, Data Analytics, Applied Cyber Security, Advanced Chemical Analysis, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics and many more.
These PGCert funded programmes are open to applicants resident in Northern Ireland only. They are not open to applicants from outside Northern Ireland. You will be required to provide evidence that you are resident in Northern Ireland through the application and enrolment process.
Applications will close on Friday 4 December at 12pm. We would encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. The course will start in January 2021 with the bulk of teaching completed by the end of March 2021. Assessment activities will follow-thereafter.
Programmes on offer include:
- Software Development
- Applied Cyber Security
- Audio-visual Post Production
- Data Analytics
- Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Zero Carbon Engineering
- Advanced Chemical Analysis
- Materials Science and Engineering
Whether you want to stay ahead of the talent curve in your current role or you’re looking for a career changing stepping stone into our full Masters programmes, these programmes will ensure you stay professionally relevant.
No previous experience? No problem. Many of these courses are aimed at those with no prior experience in the subject area, however you will be required to hold a Honours Degree or equivalent, or be able to demonstrate Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL).
by 4 December at 12pm
- Log in to your existing account or create a new account in the Queen's Direct Application Portal.
- Fill in an application for the Postgraduate Certificate you are interested in. Applications will close on Friday 4 December at 12pm. We would encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
- If eligible and if required for your chosen programme of study, you will be invited to a remote aptitude test. Successful completion of the test and provision of academic qualifications will result in an offer being made.
- You will be required to provide evidence of your identity and eligibility through the application process. This same evidence will be checked for enrolment and registration purposes too.
Queries for Biostatistics and Bioinformatics should be sent to email@example.com
Queries for Audio Visual Post Production should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries for Software Development, Applied Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Zero Carbon Engineering, Advanced Chemical enginnering and Materials Science and Engineering should be sent to email@example.com
All other queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org