Check you are eligible by checking both the Academic Requirements and the Socioeconomic entry requirements on the course page.
The course is open to applicants resident in Northern Ireland. It is not open to applicants from outside Northern Ireland.
- Evidence to demonstrate how you have been directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic (see detail in next section)
- If you have a degree, locate your degree certificate.
- If you do not have a degree, you will need to complete the following documents in preparation for your application and add these to the ‘My Documents’ section within the Direct Applications Portal:
- RPL form (Tick 'RPEL (Admission)')
- Copy of your current CV
Create an account in the Queen’s Direct Application Portal. Navigate through the following steps:
- Add personal details, education and other experience
- Start a new application
- Select Type of Study > Postgraduate Taught
- School / Institute > Select School
- Subject area > Select subject area
- Degree > Select course (Postgraduate Certificate)
- Select your attendance mode: Part time
- Add details of two referees e.g. an employer, or lecturer
Within this section you will upload supporting documentation e.g. your degree award certificate. If you have not undertaken a degree you will need to upload RPL and your CV.
As this course is specifically targeted towards those who have been directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic you will also use this area to upload evidence to demonstrate how you meet the criteria. This will include one of the following pieces of evidence:
- Unemployed since 1 March 2020 – evidence: redundancy notice or recent welfare benefit
- Furloughed – evidence: provide confirmation from employer
- Economically Inactive and partner furloughed, unemployed or on reduced earnings as a result of impact of COVID-19 – evidence: confirmation from employer; benefit/grant application/HMRC scheme application
- Self-employed and income affected by COVID-19 – evidence: benefit or Self Employed Income Support application
- Recent graduate unable to secure employment in their chosen field since graduation will be considered on the individual merit of their application – evidence: benefit/grant application/HMRC scheme application.
Complete your application by 12pm on Friday 4 December.
- If eligible you may be invited to a remote aptitude test.