Faculty Office Team
Welcome to the Faculty Office Team which includes the Deans and Director of Operations who form part of the Faculty Leadership Team (see link above). The Faculty Office Team also comprises the General Office, Finance, HR Hub and Student Recruitment Hub. You can find more details below and in the tabs above.
Director of Operations
As Director of Operations, Helen provides leadership for, and management of, all administrative and specialist support services within the Faculty and contributes strategic advice to the PVC and Deans and to the Faculty's Senior Leadership Team and other Faculty bodies. She supports the PVC in planning and delivering the Faculty’s strategic plan and associated targets and the effective management and utilisation of the Faculty’s £40m budget. Helen also chairs the Faculty Operations Board which includes the five Faculty School Managers, the business partners for Finance, People and Culture, Marketing and Recruitment, and the Faculty General Office. See below for further details of her Management Team.
Phone: 028 9097 3545
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 028 9097 3730
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Faculty General Office and management of all functions and staff of the general Faculty Team including support for the PVC, Deans and Director of Operations; Digital Learning; Work-Related Learning; Doctoral Training; Summer Schools; Global Mobility; Research Communications; and Information Analysis
- Strategic Support to the PVC, Director of Operations and Faculty Deans on a range of projects and initiatives including planning and strategy development
- Responsible for providing leadership on Faculty-level Estates issues
- Support for Faculty Executive Board
- Management of Faculty Office Budget.
Finance Business Partner
Email: email@example.com Phone: 028 9097 1337
- Provision of a professional financial management service for Faculties
- Liaising and working closely with Pro Vice-Chancellors, Deans, Heads of School, School Managers and staff throughout the Faculty and University on financial issues
- Manage the preparation of detailed pay, non-pay and and equipment budgets for the Faculty
- Lead in the preparation of the Faculty's quarterly forecasts
- Manaage the Faculty's research grants process, costing applications, completing and submitting grant applications, reviewing offers of funding and approval of awards
- Facilitate training courses on a variety of Faculty-related financial matters.
HR Business Partner
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 028 9097 5305
- Partnering with the Faculty leadership team, including Heads of School and School Managers, advising on and contributing to action planning and operational decision making
- Developing and implementing a corresponding local People Plan, to facilitate achievement of strategic objectives and drive actions
- Collaborating with People and Culture Directorate’s Centres of Expertise to develop and implement institutional initiatives and practical solutions that achieve strategic aims. This includes providing advice on institutional activities such as Academic Progression, Staff Survey etc
- Leading on the full range of employee relations casework including grievance, disciplinary, performance management, redundancy, and conflict resolution by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective solutions.
Business Development Manager
Email: email@example.com Phone: 028 9097 3493
- Leading and managing the AHSS Faculty Student Recruitment Hub. That includes the design and implementation of a global student recruitment strategy for AHSS
- Improving the Faculty profile and achieving ambitious domestic and international targets
- Utilisation of marketing budget and return on investment to maximise recruitment outcomes
- Representing the Faculty and its five Schools at numerous University committees and providing marketing and recruitment direction to each of the Faculty committees
- Supporting Faculty Deans to deliver their portfolios; working particularly closely with the Dean of Internationalisation, Dean of Education and Dean of Graduate Studies.