Registration for Carbon Literacy Training open to all students
The QUB Carbon Literacy Project is a joint initiative between Queen's Student Union, Queen's University and Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful.
It will, for the first time on the island of Ireland, develop and deliver accredited carbon literacy training to Queen’s University students.
The training, commencing in January, will provide certified training on carbon literacy and climate action.
The training will offer students an awareness of climate change science, and the climate impacts of our everyday actions.
By the end of the course students will:
- Understand the basics of climate change science
- Have a greater awareness of climate justice issues in parts of the globe
- Have explored how climate change is impacting us now and will affect us in the future in NI and across the globe
- Have an awareness of how governments have responded to the climate emergency globally and in NI
- Be able to identify specific ways that you as an individual and as part of your local community, can change your behaviour to reduce carbon emissions.