The NI Executive still have restrictions in place for the population of Northern Ireland; students are reminded the remaining restrictions also apply while living in Queen’s Accommodation. It is important that you are clear about the Northern Ireland Executive COVID-19 restrictions. For clarification:-
You and the students living with you in your house, flat, apartment or floor of a block, are a ‘household’ under the Northern Ireland Executive’s COVID-19 conditions. The restrictions state that:
- up to ten people from no more than three households can meet inside in a private dwelling.
- If a single household has 10 or more members, the maximum is increased to 15 people from no more than 3 households.
- students from another Queen’s Accommodation block, house or apartment, or from another floor in your block
- Guests cannot be signed-in to stay overnight; this is currently not permitted and will be kept under review.
- Students are discouraged from bringing any non-residents into their accommodation during the day in order to prevent the spread of the virus.
- The rule that non-residents must leave Queen’s Accommodation before 11.00pm still applies.
- A first breach of COVID-19 guidance results in a written warning and a fine of up to £250.
- All disciplinary outcomes, including a written warning, will stay on your transcript and your Academic School will be informed; they may instigate an investigation under ‘fitness to practice’, which can result in you having to leave your course.
- A second, or repeated breach, or serious breach of COVID-19 guidance will mean you must attend a Committee of Discipline where the outcome can be expulsion from the University.
PLEASE NOTE: a serious breach of COVID Guidance under the Queen’s Regulations is:
- Failing to self-isolate when you, or someone in your household, have tested positive;
- Hosting a party of people from three or more households;
- Obstructing or failing to co-operate with police or members of the University Security Team – e.g. hiding from police or the Security Team, running away or failing to give accurate information to police or the Security Team; or
- Not leaving the premises when requested or returning to the premises after being warned by police, Belfast City Council or University staff to leave.
If you are a non-Queen’s student, you will be in breach of your Accommodation Contract if you breach the COVID-19 regulations set out by the NI Executive.
- The first breach will result in a fine of up to £250;
- The second breach will result in you being excluded from (having to leave) Queen’s Accommodation.
In all cases, a student expelled or suspended for a year from Queen’s or excluded from Queen’s Accommodation, will be liable for their fees for the remainder of their accommodation contract.