A wraparound level of support to students living in Queen's Accommodation is a priority for all staff including the Residential Life team.
There are five in the Residential Life team and a team of 24 Residential Assistants who live in Elms BT9, Grant House, College Gardens, Guthrie House, Mount Charles and Elms BT1 and BT2.
Our Residential Life Coordinators and Residential Assistants are able to offer support if you feel lonely or homesick or need encouragement to join in social events to make new friends.
They also organise and promote a weekly programme of social events and trips throughout each semester.
The Residential Life Coordinators role:
- Welcome you on arrival and help you settle into your accommodation.
- Will lead a tour of the facilities at Elms BT9 and the Lounge at the Treehouse – a venue for events, chilling out or playing computer and board games, surfing on the bank of PCs or meeting with friends.
- Provide support with settling into University life.
- Organise social events to help you get to know fellow students (which are advertised on our Facebook page).
- Build strong community relations within all residences.
- Signpost professional support services provided by the Students’ Union and the Student Guidance Centre.
- Help to address instances of noise/antisocial behaviour.
- Ensure you conduct yourself in a responsible and adult manner, respecting the comfort and safety of other students and local residents.
- Ensure you are familiar with the Queen's University Conduct Regulations.
- Listen to the needs of undergraduate students, international students and postgraduate students.
- Encourage you to get involved in various social events and projects.
- Organise open forums where you can voice your opinion, put forward ideas and thoughts on improving your accommodation and the facilities provided.
- Provide details on free and confidential support services available within Queen’s University.
The Residential Life Coordinators can be contacted in the Residential Team Office in the lower ground floor of the Treehouse.
Opening hours for the Residential Team office are listed below.
These opening hours are subject to change.
Contact: Telephone: 028 9097 4718, Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Thursday 8am-Midnight
Saturday 10am - 6pm
* Opening hours (during teaching weeks) may vary and closed during University holiday times.