Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some commonly asked questions
When do I sign the Tenancy Agreement?
We ask that you sign your tenancy agreement when you come to the Accommodation reception to collect your keys. Click here for a Sample Staff Tenancy Agreement for you to read before you arrive, which may save you time when you arrive at reception.
How do I pay my rent?
Rent is due on arrival and then on the 1st of each subsequent month. Rent can be paid by one of the following methods:
- Salary deduction. Payment is taken directly from your salary or stipend at the end of each month for the following month’s rent*.
e.g. payment on 31 July for rent due on 1 August
You must complete a form in order to arrange this payment and the form will be available when you check-in, or email email@example.com to request one at any stage.
Depending on the date your form is returned to us, you may need to pay the first month’s rent at the Accommodation reception in person until the salary deduction system becomes active. We will advise you of this when you return your form.
- Direct Debit from your UK bank account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our bank details*
Depending on the date you make the Direct Debit arrangement with your UK bank, you may need to pay the first month’s rent at the Accommodation reception in person until the Direct Debit becomes active.
* The first month’s rent can be paid by one of the following 2 options:
- By cash, cheque, debit / or credit card at the Accommodation reception. Credit or debit card payments can also be made by telephone. Reception is open 24 hours; Tel. 028 90974525.
- Standing order. Please email email@example.com for a copy of our bank details.
- In full on arrival. If your stay is for 3 months or less, the payment is required in full on arrival.