With regret Queen's University will be cancelling Summer Schools across the three Faculties for 2020. Any Students who have registered to attend will be contacted directly by the School organizers.
Discover the opportunities waiting for you at Queens University Belfast.
Our Summer School includes:
- A unique immersive academic and cultural experience, with the opportunity to pursue your academic interests and learn more about Queen’s University Belfast.
- Students will gain a range of experience and skills related to research, providing them with a tangible research experience
- A series of short modules focusing on professional skills and career development
- Opportunity to explore Northern Ireland with various cultural and historical field trips including UNESCO World Heritage Site the Giants Causeway, Belfast’s historic Titanic Quarter and our iconic costal route
- A varied social programme including; social nights, cultural excursions and a night of traditional Irish music and dancing
- Develop your English language skills, and immerse yourself in the UK student lifestyle
SHORT TERM STUDY VISA
International students (ie students who do not hold an EU/EEA passport) must have the correct Short Term Study visa / immigration permission to be able to complete a Summer Schools programme. Failure to have the correct visa will mean you will be unable to be enrolled on your programme on arrival at Queen’s University Belfast. Therefore it is essential to acquire the correct student visa before or when entering the UK.
Please note: When applying as a short-term student, you must intend to leave the UK within 30 days of the end of your study (if it is before the date your immigration permission ends). If you do not leave the UK within this time, it could affect any future immigration applications to the UK (such applications could be refused and a time-bar applied if the Home Office believes you exercised deception about your intention in your short-term student immigration application).
Students should begin to prepare their visa application and supporting documents as early as possible before they are required to begin their studies. This should allow them sufficient time to have everything in order for their arrival at Queen’s. If you are an international student you will receive a visa supporting letter from our International Student Support Office. Letters are usually posted in May.
If you have any further queries relating to visas please contact our International Student Support Team email@example.com. Remember to inform them that you are attending the four week International Summer School.
For international students you must arrive in a Belfast airport (either direct or through a UK airport) so your visa can be stamped in a UK port of entry (or endorsed if you have pre-applied). Dublin and Shannon airports are NOT included and you will NOT be able to get a study visa stamped or endorsed via these airports.