In Pictures: Staff Excellence Awards 2019
Congratulations to all colleagues recognised in the Staff Excellence Awards 2019. The winners were announced at a gala ceremony on Friday 7 February in the Whitla Hall, hosted by Alexandra Ford.
Now in their fourth year, the Staff Excellence Awards were established to recognise and celebrate the achievements of staff across the University. Over 210 nominations were received from staff and students.
"The atmosphere today has been spectacular [...] It's just so empowering to be acknowledged."— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) February 7, 2020
- Reaction from some of our 2019 #StaffExcellenceAwards winners. #LoveQUBStaff @QUBelfast @QUBVChancellor @QUBPeopleFirst @QUBWorkHere @QUB_CED @ConorMcCormick @KTPatQUB pic.twitter.com/BGGYhktjoD
Addressing staff at the ceremony, President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Ian Greer said:
"It's really great to shine a light on all of Queen's successes. These are due to our people. So, congratulations to all of you who have been nominated, shortlisted, and, of course, to our very worthy winners. You should all be very, very proud."
Awards were presented in six categories, aligned to our Core Values.
The winners were:
- Delivering Excellence: Dr Conor McCormick, School of Law
- Community Impact: Centre for Community Archaeology, School of Natural and Built Environment
- Innovation: Canvas Roll Out Team, Academic and Student Affairs
- Team of the Year: KTP Team, Research and Enterprise
- Outstanding Leadership: Matt Birch, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Lifetime Achievement: Christopher Preshaw, School of Biological Sciences
In addition, a special 'ICARE' Award was presented at the ceremony to a member of staff who reflects and embodies Queen's Core Values:
- ICARE Award: Nicky Clarke, Student Plus
Read more about the winners and shortlisted nominees here.