Vice-Chancellor's Research Prizes 2018
The winners of the Vice-Chancellor's Research Prizes 2018 were announced on Monday 10 December at an awards lunch hosted by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Ian Greer.
Established in 2012, the Vice-Chancellor's Research Prizes recognise and reward those whose research has impact beyond academia, whether on health, society, public policy, business, education, the environment or quality of life.
Congratulations to the winners:
- Postdoctoral Researcher Prize – Dr Dermot Green (School of Mathematics and Physics)
- Early Career Researcher Prize – Dr Kathryn McNeilly (School of Law)
- Research Innovation Prize – Dr Trung Duong (ECIT)
- Research Innovation Prize – Professor Helen McCarthy (School of Pharmacy)
- Research Impact Prize – Dr Brendan Murtagh (School of Natural and Built Environment)
- Research Culture Prize – Modern Languages Core Disciplinary Research Group (School of Arts, English and Languages)
Individual prize winners won £5,000 for their research, and the winners of the Research Culture Prize won £15,000 to invest in their group.