QUB Annual Learning and Teaching Conference SHAPING CHANGE IN AN EDUCATIONAL SETTING will be held on 17th April 2019 in Peter Froggatt Centre.
Keynote: Professor Sian Bayne, Professor of Digital Education at the University of Edinburgh, Director of Education at the Edinburgh Futures Institute and Assistant Principal for Digital Education.
Abstract for Posters / Oral presentations.
Call for Submissions Deadline: 25th February 2019.
The Annual Learning and Teaching Conference will be held in the Peter Froggatt Centre on 17th April 2019. This year’s theme is ‘Shaping Change in an Educational Setting’ and will explore:
- How Queen’s University Belfast is shaping change in a higher education landscape.
- How these changes are reflected in the student experience at Queen’s.
- How these changes can positively impact on learning and teaching at Queen’s.
We are calling for proposals from staff for oral and poster presentations on this theme. The theme will be organised into 4 key strands:
- Supporting all students to live, learn and work in an ever-changing world.
- Exploiting the potential of digital technology to enhance the learning and teaching experience for all.
- Linking research to instructional strategies and applying research to practice.
- Widening access and incorporating effective practice so that all students can fulfil their potential.
Oral presentations will be up to 15 minutes in length. For the poster session, we encourage students and staff to produce joint posters on examples of how they are responding to change in their discipline. We hope that all Schools would be represented at the conference in some way.
This should not be more than 500 words. It should state clearly how your presentation meets the theme of the conference. It should stand alone and not contain references or notes.
A maximum of 5 should be supplied.
Please ensure the submission is checked for spelling (UK English) and grammatical errors, and that inclusive language has been used. Please also try to avoid jargon and ensure that any acronyms are spelt out in full the first time they are used.
All papers should be submitted to: CED@qub.ac.uk by 12pm, Monday 25th February 2019.
Staff will be notified if their proposal has been accepted by Friday 15th March 2019.
All submissions should be should be in PDF or Word format.