QUB Teaching Awards 2020
The QUB Teaching Awards 2020 will open in November 2019. Details will be posted here in due course.
QUB Teaching Awards 2019 (now closed)
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5 pm on Wednesday 13 March 2019. Further information about the scheme is available in the Notes for Guidance.
A Briefing Session was held on 17 January 2019 at 12.45 pm in the Old Staff Common Room to provide advice and guidance for potential applicants - the presentation slides are available here.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries about the QUB Teaching Awards scheme.
1. Rising Stars (Open to individual academic and learning support colleagues teaching/supporting learning for fewer than nine years)
2. Sustained Excellence Category (Open to individual academic and learning support colleagues teaching or supporting learning between
9 and 20 years)
3. Career Impact Award (This category is open to individual colleagues who have been teaching/supporting learning within higher education for
over 20 years. Applicants in this category will be expected to demonstrate how their work has had national/international impact within their discipline.)
4. Excellence in Teaching or Learning Support by a Team (Open to teams of academic and learning support colleagues.)
5. Student-nominated (This category is promoted to the students by the Students' Union. Students wishing to nominate a member of staff should contact the VP for Education in the Students' Union for further information). Nominated staff will be contacted by CED and invited to submit an application for consideration by the Teaching Awards panel.
Samples of successful applications from previous years are available to download.
Showcase of Previous Winners
A series of short video and audio presentations about previous recipients of Queen’s University Teaching Awards are available in this section.
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11