To enhance your digital skills please take the opportunity to explore the range of Digital Identity and Wellbeing resources below.
To sign up and attend a workshop provided at Queen’s please book on one of the following training opportunities.
- Facebook for Beginners
- How to plan your Social Media Strategy
- LinkedIn for Beginners
- Twitter for Beginners
Other events/training at QUB...
To find out more about the topic of Digital Wellbeing sign up to one the following online courses.
- Digital Wellbeing, University of York on FutureLearn
- Do digital technologies affect our wellbeing? Explore the concepts of health, relationships and society in the digital age. Enrol for free.
- Jisc Training - Supporting Learners’ Digital Identity and Wellbeing, 11 June, 10:00-12:00
Are you struggling with the shift online and want to learn from a community of experts or want you and your family to keep busy during social distancing and isolation? Please explore the courses curated by FutureLearn and Coursera:
- FutureLearn have put together some of their most popular courses ranging from starting to write fiction to learning Norwegian. This one is about Wellbeing and Resilience at Work.
- You can also explore courses for wellbeing such as the following suggested by Coursera, including Demystifying Mindfulness to Healing with the Arts.
Queen’s staff have access to LinkedIn Learning, which contains training and professional development on a range of different topics. Staff can request access to LinkedIn Learning here.
The University has an enterprise license for staff members to access LinkedIn Learning. This allows staff to embed up to 5 videos per month in Canvas to share with students. These 5 videos are per month per individual user. Students should be able to watch the embedded videos directly within Canvas and without any login requirements.
Recommended LinkedIn Learning Courses include:
- Social Media in the Classroom (Kevin Kelly) (1hr 55)
- Managing your Online Presence (Stacey Gordon) (CV/LinkedIn) (5mins 03)
- Steal an identity (Lisa Black) (5mins 30)
- Cybersecurity Awareness: Safer Digital communications (Tom Tobiassen) (1hr 6)
- Twitter Essential Training (Jess Stratton) (1 hr 28)
- Create an online account safely (Jess Stratton) (1 hr 18)