To enhance your digital skills please take the opportunity to explore the range of ICT Proficiency resources below.
To sign up and attend a workshop provided at Queen’s please book on one of the following training opportunities:
- Excel Training
- Introduction to Microsoft Visio (Book via iTrent, 2 hours, in-person course)
- Learning for All - Work Smarter for Better Time Management (Book via iTrent, 2 hours, in-person course)
- Advanced Word Processing: Making Best Use of Word
- Office 365 @Queen's
- Access the Office 365 Training Site
- ICDL @Queen's - International Certification of Digital Literacy - This is a great opportunity for all staff. Why not register your interest, complete the programme of learning and gain ICDL accreditation for digital skills.
To find out more about the topic of ICT Proficiency and Productivity, take a look at the following resources from around the web:
Some of these resources are available on the Jisc Discovery Tool, log in with your staff credentials to access more.
- 1 minute blog posts - Blog posts
- 7 tips to improve your basic Microsoft Excel skills - Guide
- Make it HARD for stangers to steal your data! - Article
- How to create great PowerPoint presentations - Article
- What to know about identity theft - Article
- How to master Microsoft Word - Blog post
- Online basics - Online course
- Why writing email is a skill- and why learning it matters - Blog post
- 32 of the best productivity tools you'll ever need - Blog post
- 99U- Adobe's blog on Productivity - Resources
- Digital Productivity for work, study and life - Blog post
- How to organise your computer files, folders and documents - Blog post
- How to work from home: 20 tips - Blog post
- Why you shouldn't be afraid of remote work - Blog post
- Productivity and Assistive Technology - Wakelet board
Queen’s staff have access to LinkedIn Learning, which contains training and professional development on a range of different topics. Staff can request access to LinkedIn Learning here.
The University has an enterprise license for staff members to access LinkedIn Learning. This allows staff to embed up to 5 videos per month in Canvas to share with students. These 5 videos are per month per individual user. Students should be able to watch the embedded videos directly within Canvas and without any login requirements.
- Learning Office 365
- Team Collaboration in Office 365
- Excel Essential Training
- Powerpoint Essential Training
- Word Essential Training
- Outlook Essential Training
- Canvas: Tips, Tricks & Techniques