Skip to main content

See also Security Services

Most University buildings will be open during the “normal” working/academic day and you do not need your card or any other device to gain access. If you think you should have controlled access to a building/door outside of normal times, you should contact your School Manager.

The main location where you do need to use your Smart Card for normal access is the McClay Library.

Using your Smart Card instead of a PIN to access buildings

You can either enter your PIN code (followed by #) into the proximity reader or hold your Smart Card within 2cm of the reader.

Emergency Access

Security Control is able to facilitate emergency access to buildings. You should call  028 9097 5098/5098 (external) or ext 5098/5099 (internal) and please provide a valid staff/student card. Security Control is open twenty four hours a day.