All books must have an ISBN* and be in a 'saleable' condition.
• University Textbooks
• Secondary Textbooks
• Educational/Technical/Vocational Books
• Academic Non-Fiction
• Other books used in University and Secondary Classrooms
• University and Secondary Study Guides
• Hardback/Paperback Fiction
• Ex-library books
• Children's books
• Travel Books (from the last 5 years)
• All other non-fiction
*The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a 10 to 13-digit number that uniquely identifies books and book-like products published internationally. You can usually find the ISBN on the back cover or inside the front cover of the book.
Books that cannot be accepted
• Books without an ISBN
• Books in Very Poor Condition
- Dirty, mouldy, water damaged or warped from storage
- Missing covers or pages, damaged binding
- Containing excessive writing, markings or highlighting
• Academic Journals, Periodicals, Magazines or Directories
• Books published by magazines, custom published coursebooks
• Encyclopædia Britannica, World Book or other encyclopædias
• Travel guides older than 5 years
• Tax/Government documents
• The following series: Book Club Editions, Mills & Boon, Reader's Digest, Condensed, Who's Who.
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11