Health Sciences Campus
NORTHERN IRELAND MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY LABORATORY
- Traffic Control.
Possible Impact: Construction traffic. Deliveries to the site are by the service road to the rear entrance of the HSB. All HSB staff should be aware of the construction traffic when accessing the storage enclosures at the rear of the HSB.
- Contractors' compound.
Possible Impact: 5 car parking spaces at the rear of the Health Sciences Building will not be not available for the duration of the works.
- Alteration works to first floor Laboratory.
Possible Impact: Some noise and vibration from pneummatic tools and hammers.
- Installation of cables through ceiling voids at various locations.
Possible Impact: Removal of ceiling tiles for short periods to various rooms.
PHARMACY REFURBISHMENT PHASE 2
- Contractors' Compound.
Possible Impact: The attached drawing shows the effect on car parking spaces of projects at the Health Sciences Campus.
- Fit out and services installation in Pharmacy and McClay Buildings.
Possible Impact: Limited noise from construction works on ground floor hub room and on levels 2 and 3.
WELLCOME-WOLFSON INSTITUTE FOR EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
- Works to atrium and level 3 glazing.
Possible Impact: There may be reduced access to the atrium and level 3, any restrictions will be agreed in advance with building users.
BELFAST HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE TRUST WORKS
- Mental Health Project, Jubilee Road, Belfast City Hospital site (Completing December 2018).
Possible Impact: One way traffic flow is still in place along the access road to the Health Science Building for deliveries to the rear of the building. Construction works are ongoing.
HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS CHP
- Contractor carrying out Combined Heat and Power (CHP) enabling works at the MBC and also in plant rooms in Whitla Medical Building, Pharmacy Building, CCRCB, WWIEM and Health Sciences Building. There will be excavations to the rear of the MBC and along the roads to east and west sides of the Whitla Medical Building.
Possible Impact: Some parking spaces will not be available due to the ongoing construction work. Vehicle access from Jubilee Road through the entrance beside the Pharmacy Building will be restricted to construction site traffic only. Deliveries to CCRCB and WWIEM loading bay will have to be made via the access route along the front and south side of the MBC. There will be periods of noise and minor disruption. Contractor will be digging a pipe trench in the road near west entrance to Whitla Medical Building during the weekend on 11 and 12 August.