Main Site Masterplan and Elmwood Avenue
Please see attached drawings:
Lanyon Building Conservation and Restoration Project
Phase D (Lanyon West/Main Entrance & Great Hall)
- Brick and stonework repairs and restoration.
- Window refurbishment and removals.
- Contractor will be sealing windows internally to prevent dust ingress in Lanyon Building.
- Lanyon Main entrance doors will be closed until 5 April 2019.
Possible Impact: There will be some minor noise and disruption. The Great Hall will not be accessible until March 2019. There will be an increase in construction traffic. Construction plant will be accompanied by a banks-man. The Lanyon main entrance will be closed until 5 April. Directional signage will be provided which indicate alternative routes to the Quad, Black & White Hall, Naughton Gallery, Welcome Centre, Canada Room and Council Chamber.
McClay Library Refurbishment Phase 3
- Contractor's Compound.
Possible Impact: The attached drawing shows the location of the compound which will affect parking and access routes.
- Construction work at interface of David Bates Building and McClay Library
Possible Impact: Noise transferring to McClay Library. Some more intrusive and noisy work will take place after 6 pm.
- Construction works in courtyard between David Bates Building and McClay Library.
Possible Impact: Noise from placing concrete and erecting floors in courtyard.
- Construction of concrete frame adjacent to Short Term Loans.
Possible Impact: Noise transferring to Short Term Loans.
- Works within the first floor corridor floor voids will continue intermittently until the 4 March and will generally be completed "out of hours". Hours of work will be 20:00 hrs - 06:00 hrs as required.
Possible Impact: Minimal impact to staff since work being completed outside normal University working hours.
- Construction works to McClay Post Room.
Possible Impact: Low level construction noise. Noisier works will take place "out of hours".
7-17 University Square
- LED lighting to be fitted in some areas.
Possible Impact: Minor disruption.
2-8 Fitzwilliam Street Refurbishment
- Refurbishment of 2-8 Fitzwilliam Street is underway with completion planned in February 2019
Possible Impact: External decoration and erection of scaffolding to the façade.
Administration Building Level One
- Refurbishment works to Room 01.047. Works are planned for completion in February 2019.
Possible Impact: Low level noise generated by the works.
Phase 1 Administration Building Level One
- Refurbishment of old Gown Store (Room 01.044). Works are planned for completion in February 2019.
Possible Impact: Contractor's Site Compound located to rear of Administration Building. Pedestrian routes will be unaffected. Parking in the area will be reduced by two parking spaces. Low level noise generated by works. Level 2 offices and Interview/Conference/Meeting Rooms may be effected by low level noise.
Phase 3 Administration Building Level One
- Refurbishment of old Gown Issue (Room 01.036). Works commencing 29 April with completion due by 27 May 2019.
Possible Impact: Contractor’s Site Compound located to rear of Administration Building. Parking in the area will be reduced by 2nr parking spaces. Pedestrian routes will be unaffected. Low level noise generated by the works. Level 2 offices and Interview/Conference/Meeting Rooms may be effected by low level noise.
Student Centre Enabling Works
- Excavations along Elmwood Mews and Elmwood Avenue for the Student Centre Enabling Works Service Diversions. It will complete at end of February 2019.
Possible Impact: Parking restrictions along Elmwood Avenue and narrowing of footpaths for excavation.