The University Safety Service offers a range of courses at set times throughout the year. The safety training programme includes:
- General Risk Assessment
- Computer Workstation Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety for Coordinators (for Managers, Supervisors, Safety Officers and Coordinators)
- Chemical Safety (COSHH)
Full details about the courses and course registration can be obtained through Queen's Online.
The University Safety Service is also committed to the provision of addtional training by arrangement to meet the special needs of individual staff members and/or Departments.
The subjects include:-
- Laser Safety
- Radiation Protection
- Strategic Risk Management
- Biological Safety & Genetic Modification
- Control of Noise and Vibration
- Safe Use of Machinery (PUWER)
- Accident Investigation
- Work at Height
- Safety in Fieldwork
Additional and specialist safety training can also be provided by arrangement with external organisations. Courses offered include:-
- First Aid at Work
- Portable Electrial Appliance Testing
- Forklift Truck Operation
- Compressed Gas Safety
- Radiation Protection Supervisor - General Course
Contact the University Safety Service for further details.
Fire Safety Training is arranged through the Fire Safety Officer. Please contact the Estates Directorate for further details.