AUTHORISED EU/ROI DRIVING
From January 1st 2021, any authorised member of staff wishing to drive in the EU/ROI is required to carry a ‘Green Card’ (https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/travel-and-transport-eu-exit-information)
Trips should only be made on approved university business by authorised drivers (https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/FinanceDirectorate/visitors/insurance/motor-insurance/).
The current requirements for Green Cards are as follows:
- Must be supported with a valid Certificate of Insurance
- Green Card must be presented in a hard copy (printed)
- Green Card can be either green or white paper with black ink
- Green Card must cover the period of travel
For Car Hires through Selective Travel:
Selective will be able to arrange for a Green Card for authorised drivers from the relevant car hire firm. Please notify them at point of booking that a Green Card will be necessary for the trip.
For Trips using University Fleet Vehicles:
UMAL will provide a Green Card from our Motor Insurers where required. In order to do this, authorised drivers must provide:
- Category of vehicle (Car, Motorcycle, Lorry or Tractor, Cycle fitted with aux engine, Bus, Trailer or Other)
- Make of vehicle
- Registration or chassis number
- Start and end date of trip (please note that the end date must not exceed the expiry date shown on the Certificate of Insurance – 31/07/21 - as this will invalidate the Green Card)
- Card colour (the card will be e-mailed to you and will need to be printed out. The document can be either white or green depending on whether you have green paper to print on).
Emails requesting a Green Card, and providing the information requested above, should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The school/department should contact Leon directly to request a Green Card, confirming the driver is authorised and the hire is for Queens University business only.
Insurance@qub.ac.uk should be copied in all communication with UMAL.