Staff Travel During Covid 19 Pandemic
APPROVAL PROCESS – STAFF TRAVEL OUTSIDE NORTHERN IRELAND (NI) DURING COVID 19 PANDEMIC
- For the purposes of this process travel includes air travel/ transfers /accommodation etc.
- This approval process includes all travel to the ROI by any means of transport.
The University is advising staff against all but essential travel for business or study outside of Northern Ireland. For the avoidance of doubt, activities such as student recruitment trips, visits to partner institutions, conference attendance and field trips are not considered essential.
Where staff travel outside NI is considered essential the following steps should be followed:
- COVID– 19 Travel Justification Form to be completed by traveller (staff member). Sufficient detail must be provided to ensure clarity on the reason for travel and the risk mitigation arrangements in place.
- The form should be submitted to Head of School/Director to confirm travel is essential, a robust plan has been prepared and appropriate country specific mitigations are in place for both legs of the journey and time in country.
- If approved by Head of School/Director, the form should be submitted to the UEB Travel Sub-Group Finance.email@example.com, who will determine if the mitigations included have reduced the risk to an acceptable level.
- The Group will meet weekly as required and the Traveller should ensure the form is submitted on a timely basis to ensure sufficient time for the approval process.
- The outcome of the Sub-Group’s consideration will be provided to the traveller. If approved, confirmation to enable booking of the Travel will be forwarded to:
- the Traveller and Head of School /Director
- the Insurance Section (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This process relates to staff travel only, Students should refer to the Student FAQ’s relating to travel.