Do you want to increase your disability awareness and confidence in interacting with disabled people, whether colleagues or customers?
If so, this half day seminar is suitable for you. It has a practical, informal approach to ensure maximum participant enjoyment and learning.
The Seminar will take place on 20 March 2018, 930am-1pm at the Northern Ireland Housing Executive, Library Room, Ground Floor, 2 Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8PB.
The Diversity and Inclusion Unit will fund three places for any members of staff who are interested in attending.
If so, at the end of the seminar, participants have the option of applying for “Disability Positive” Accreditation, the only accreditation scheme of its type in NI. The seminar will cover:
- Disability Discrimination Act: summary and case studies
- Language etiquette: exercise
- Overview of five key disability areas:
- ◦ Visual Impairment
- ◦ Hearing loss
- ◦ Learning disability
- ◦ Physical disability
- ◦ Hidden disability (including mental health, autism and dyslexia
- Adjustments for employees and customers with disabilities
- Video clips: visual, hearing, physical, learning, hidden
- Optional follow-up assessment
Three places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are interested in securing one of these places, please contact F.OConnell@qub.ac.uk