New dates have been added for two further LGBT+ Awareness Training sessions which will be delivered by The Rainbow Project.
The sessions are open to all staff and will take place on:
- Tuesday 13 March 2018, 12-2pm in the Senate Room;
- Thursday 12 April 2018, 12-2pm in the Senate Room;
- Thursday 11 October 2018, 12-2pm 0G/010, School of Law
The Rainbow Project provides workshops to help build awareness of gender and sexual orientation among professionals who work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people.
In Northern Ireland, we don’t often have the opportunity to discuss and learn about LGBT issues in a safe and supportive environment and these workshops are built to support participants in increasing their understanding of LGBT issues and confidence in supporting LGBT people.
This workshop will cover:
- What is sexual orientation?
- What is gender?
- Growing up LGBT in Northern Ireland
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Health Inequalities
- Progress made and outstanding issues
- Removing barriers for LGBT people
As we expect there will be a high level of demand, places will be reserved.
Register for these via Eventbrite at the following links:
13 March session- https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lgbt-awareness-training-tickets-42045036837
Lunch will be provided for all who attend.