Capability relates to matters of work performance (not misconduct).
Ordinarily the normal management processes such as appraisal and regular review are sufficient to manage staff performance but in some cases an individual will encounter difficulty and fail consistently for no satisfactory reason to meet the demands of their job.
This procedure allows for informal and formal intervention to correct the situation.
- Capability Procedure for Staff Grades 6, Ac1 and Above
- Capability Procedure for Staff Grades 1 - 5
- Guidelines on Use of Procedure
- Overview of Capability Procedure
- Flowchart for Staff Grades 6, Ac1 and Above
- Flowchart for Staff Grades 1 - 5
- Core Values