Applications were welcomed for training and development activities up to a maximum of £10,000. This funding was made available through the Research Councils UK national initiative for the development of researchers’ transferable skills and career development training.
Applications were received for 17 Schools, with a total of £214,000 invested in 51 projects during the 10 rounds of funding. This enabled 1182 staff attendances at the range of development activities that were supported. These included:
- High Performance Computing Training Courses
- Confocal Microscopy Training Initiative
- Arts, Humanities and Social Science Small Research Grant Writing Workshop
- Training in theory and practical demonstration of Thermal Analysis Equipment
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child: the implications for researchers
- Creative Methods to ‘interviewing’ Children
- Training course on fundamentals of transmission electron microscope (TEM) and focused ion beam microscope (FIB)
- Introduction to the Stata Statistical Package
Funding is agreed by a University Panel who review applications received for each round. Applications are welcomed for training and development activities up to a maximum of £10,000 and all staff are eligible to apply. Successful applicants are reimbursed with the agreed funding on satisfactory completion of the development activity. There is no funding currently available. Information on any future rounds will be circulated.
Contact Paul Monahan, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6632, at STDU for further information.