- Short 1 or half day highly practical workshops on leadership themes
- Practical tips and tools
- Provides peer discussion & networking opportunities
- Underpinned by the Queen's Leadership Framework
- Supports Queen's Professional Standards
- Supports Queen's values
What is the Developing for Success range of workshops about?
Developing for Success is a portfolio of open courses around management/leadership skills. The workshops support broad Vision 2020 themes such as Leadership, Enhancing Performance, Change, Creativity and Innovation, Collaboration.
Who is it for?
The workshops are available to Professional Services staff Grade 7 and above and Academic staff grade AC 2 and above. Mixing with staff from other areas of the University allows you to appreciate leadership and management challenges from different perspectives so enriching your own learning and networking opportunities.
You choose only those courses relevant to your needs – you are not expected to attend all courses.
What format do the courses take?
Short one day or half day highly practical workshops are provided, allowing you to explore challenging leadership topics with your peer group. Take away essential tips and tools that you can use in the workplace.
What Developing for Success workshops are available?
- Developing your Strategic Focus
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Managing Performance Effectively
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Emotional Intelligence and Leading Others
- Instilling a Customer Focus
- Transition to Management
- Project Management for Non-Project Managers
- Working Smarter
- Communicating Effectively
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Presenting with Impact
- Enhancing your Report Writing
- Leading Change
Creativity and Innovation
- Creative Thinking and Innovation
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Effective Teamworking
- Working with Partners - Skills for Collaborative Working
Further Information and Registration
For further information on each course, please check our programme website and view courses by category (Leadership, Management & Supervisory).
Booking is normally via Queen’s Online. After logging in to QOL, select Training Courses from the list on the left of the page.