Defining the Job
When recruiting to fill a vacancy.
It is important to invest time in gathering information about the nature of the job in the form of a Job Summary and Employee Specification to ensure that we secure the right person for the role.
Key tasks led by the Line Manager assisted by a HR Business Partner:
- Prepare Job Summary and Employee Specification
- Agree advertising medium (s) and draft advertisement
- Agree panel and confirm availability for short listing and interviews
- Ensure submission of the Electronic Approval Form (epaf)
- Advise on any Special Requirements and nominate contact for enquiries about the role where appropriate