Successful candidates receive an appointment letter in writing. Human Resources ensure relevant checks and references are obtained. The School/Directorate support the new starts induction and the Line Manager sets expectations through objective setting as part of the probation process. All new staff attend an Induction Programme arranged by Organisational Development.
Key tasks led by Human Resources:
- Agree initial salary placement for candidate and issue the Appointment Letter
- Answer candidates questions about the offer of employment
- Collect documentation required to confirm appointment including references, medical, right to work etc.
- Confirm start date with the candidate
- Maintaining contact with candidate