Mindful Manager Training
Queen’s University has partnered with Action Mental Health to provide training for Line Managers and Supervisors.
In the current environment, supporting positive Mental Health is more important than ever before.
As part our continuing commitment to supporting the Mental Health of our staff and students, the Diversity and Inclusion Unit have partnered with Action Mental Health to continue to deliver Mindful Manager sessions in September and October 2021.
The training is available to all staff in a Line management or supervisory role, and will provide attendees with the tools required to identify issues staff may be having in the workplace and provide appropriate support.
The course will:
- Give managers the process to follow to ensure consistency and fairness to all staff presenting with mental health issues and how to promote mental health and well-being
- Explain the signs and symptoms of the most common mental health issues and disorders
- Support how to talk about mental health with individuals who have approached you or who you have approached
- Identify signposts and supports for individuals with mental health issues
- Discuss and examine the tools and supports required to enable you to look after your own health and well-being to enable you to support others.
Please note, spaces are limited to a maximum of 12 participants per session and this training is aimed at those staff with line management responsibility only.
Register via iTrent Self Service.
- Tuesday 7 September 2021
- Wednesday 13 October 2021