Defining the Job
When recruiting to fill a vacancy it is important to invest time defining the role by gathering information about the nature of the job and the skills required to be successful in the form of a Job Summary and Employee Specification.
To support this process the following tasks are carried out by the Line Manager, with support from their HR Business Partner:
- Prepare Job Summary and Employee Specification
- Agree advertising mediums and draft advertisement
- Agree panel and confirm availability for shortlisting and interviews
- Ensure submission of the Electronic Approval Form (epaf)
- Identify whether any special requirements are required for candidates and nominate contact for enquiries about the role if appropriate