Shortlisting and Assessment
Selecting candidates involves two main processes: shortlisting and assessing applicants to decide who should be offered a job. These processes support the University’s commitment to excellence and build upon the requirement to appoint candidates solely on the basis of merit.
To support this process the following tasks are carried out by the Line Manager, with support from their HR Business Partner:
- Prepare Job Summary and Employee Specification
- Agree advertising mediums and draft advertisement
- Agree panel and confirm availability for shortlisting and interviews
- Ensure submission of the Electronic Approval Form (epaf)
- Identify whether any special requirements are required for candidates and nominate contact for enquiries about the role if appropriate