HELPING CHILDREN MANAGE CHANGE THROUGH THE PANDEMIC - PARENTING NI
Wednesday 5 August 2020, 1.00 - 2.00 pm
During the Covid-19 Pandemic, Parenting NI have developed a seminar to assist parents.
The Session aims to support parents to help their children manage change during the pandemic to return the impact. The session will identify areas of change during the pandemic, explore the impact these can have on the child and the parent and to help develop strategies to help reduce the impact of the change for the child and the parent.
This seminar supports parents to:
- understand the wide range of change they and their children have and will be experiencing
- what the impact of this change can be on their children emotional, physically, intellectually & psychologically
- understand what change a parent can control
- link to leading research with videos on “flipping the lid” & “name it and tame it”
- Help parents cope with worries about their children’s education
- Tips to support parents to help their children return to school
- Tips to help improve children emotional health in the pandemic
- Tips for parents to self-care
A link to join the session will sent out prior to the session taking place on Monday 3 August 2020.