MINDFUL MANAGER FOR LINE MANAGERS AND SUPERVSORS
Queen’s University has partnered with Action Mental Health to provide training for Line Managers and Supervisors.
During this time, Queen’s University has partnered with Action Mental Health to provide training for Line Managers and Supervisors. This training will take place 3 times a month between now and October 2020.
The aim of the Mindful Manager course is to give managers the tools required to identify issues staff may be having in the workplace and facilitate a solution before issues cause significant loss of productivity or absenteeism. The course will include:
- Introduction to the Mindful Manager Model
- Setting the scene – the business case
- The common mental health issues and suicide
- Managing attendance and the difficult conversation
- Duty of care – staying mentally healthy
Whilst this course does not contain any distressing content, the subject matter may provoke an emotional response for some participants. All participants are supported to engage with the training and the trainer is equipped to offer signposting/further support information as required at every session. If you have any concerns these can be discussed prior to any training delivery.
Register via iTrent Self Service.
- Wednesday 5 August 2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 12 August 2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 19 August2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 2 September2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 9 September2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 16 September2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 7 October2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 1 October 2020: 11.00am-3pm
- Wednesday 21 October 2020: 11.00am-3pm