The following principles will underpin our approach:
- The majority of our core activities are campus based and the campus is a healthy and safe environment.
- On-campus work will be the norm for most staff, most of the time.
- Student needs and research priorities will be at the centre of our organisation, work design, and of ways of working.
- Our approach will be reviewed regularly and be aligned with NI Executive and Public Health guidance and will be flexible to allow us to adapt to changes.
- Decisions about phasing back will be made locally between managers and their teams and will be governed by protecting the health and wellbeing of our staff and students, business priorities, our core values, ICARE, individual circumstances and with regard to our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Guidance.
- The Head of School or Director will be responsible for ensuring that the process is applied in a reasonable and fair way by managers in their areas.
- The University Operating Board will oversee all aspects of the return to campus at an institutional level.