Every applicant must score at least 70 points to be eligible for the skilled worker route:
- Offer of a job by an approved sponsor, e.g. Queen’s University (20 points)
- Job at an appropriate skill level, i.e. RQF level 3 and above (20 points)
- Knowledge of the English language at level B1 (10 points)
- Meeting the minimum salary requirements, i.e. £25,600 per year or the going rate for your occupation code (20 points)
50 of these points must come from meeting the mandatory criteria. For salary, it will be possible to trade points if you are paid below the salary threshold provided the salary does not fall below the minimum of £20,480.
You can be paid between 70% and 90% of the usual going rate for your job if you meet one of the following criteria:
- you’re a “new entrant”, i.e. you’re under 26, studying or a recent UK graduate, in professional training, or offered a PhD level position with an higher education institution (e.g. Queen’s University) and your visa duration will not exceed 4 years
- your job is in a shortage occupation
- you have a science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM) PhD level qualification that’s relevant to your job
- you have a PhD level qualification in any other subject that’s relevant to your job
|MANADATORY REQUIREMENTS (50 points)||POINTS AWARDED|
|Offer of a job by an approved sponsor
|A Job at an appropriate skill level
|Knowledge of the English language at level B1
NOTE: If your PhD was awarded in another country than the UK you will require a NARIC certificate (PhD verification) to claim tradeable points.