TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You must be a minimum of 18 years old to register for an in person course and a minimum of 16 years old to register for any on-line Language Centre course.
2. The course administration fee is due with registration. This fee does not include any optional external examination.
3. The course text book, if recommended, should be purchased. Should a class be cancelled any texts purchased are non-refundable by the Language Centre.
4. If you fail to attend three or more LNS classes without consulting the Language Centre office, you will be considered to have formally withdrawn and your place may be offered to someone else. This does not apply to Certificate courses.
5. Any request for a class change can only be made in consultation with the Language Centre and depends upon the availability of places. Any student wishing to change class must do see by Friday of the first week of classes. Under no circumstance is it possible to join a class after week 3.
6. The Language Centre reserves the right to change fees and charges without notice before a class is advertised.
7. The Language Centre reserves the right to cancel any course which does not recruit a viable number of students. A full refund will be made in these circumstances.
8. The Language Centre will endeavour to keep to the published timetable, but reserves the right to alter times/dates in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Should a student consequently be unable to attend, a full refund will be made.
9. The Language Centre reserves the right to cancel classes in the event of teacher absence. In such cases the teacher will endeavour to find a mutually agreeable time with the majority of students to re-schedule classes. No refunds will be made in the event of some students being unable to subsequently attend.
11. All refunds before the start of the course must be requested in writing. Please note that while Queen's do not charge for issuing refunds, EVENTBRITE have introduced an administration fee of 6%. Consequently refunds are paid as follows (less 6% of the course fee)
Semester 2 (Please note EVENTBRITE will charge 6% administration fee on all refunds)
Before (and including) 3 January – full refund
4 January to 11 January (inclusive) – 50% refund
No refunds available from 12 January 2023 (inclusive)
12. Refunds are not normally paid after the beginning of classes. Any such request must be made in writing to the Language Centre Manager and must be related to reasons beyond your control and supported by written evidence. These refunds will be at the Language Centre Manager’s discretion. All refunds, where agreed, will be subject to an administrative fee of £10.00 for QUB staff and students and £40 for members of the public.
13. No refund will be paid in the event that a student has broadband/connection issues and is unable to access classes. It is a student’s responsibility to ensure that they have access to Microsoft Teams and adequate broadband before registering for a class.