When will my account be migrated?
Will I be notified before my account is migrated?
The email migration project will take place between April – December 2019. Accounts will be migrated in batches based on their location in the current email database.
Users will receive notification approximately one week before their account is due to be migrated.
- What should I do to prepare for migration? and Do I need a new email client?
You shouldn’t need to do any preparation before your account is migrated.
If you are using a client older than Outlook 2013, you will need to upgrade. Each staff member can download the latest version of Microsoft Office including Outlook and install it on up to 5 devices. More information is available at https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/InformationServices/Services/Office365Queens/
If your computer was purchased by the university, your computer officer or the IT Service Desk will be able to help you upgrade.
- Will I lose access to my email?
You shouldn’t notice significant disruption during the migration process and will continue to have access to your email. Once the migration of your account is completed, you may need to re-enter your username and password, or change some settings in your email application.
- What changes will there be after my account is migrated and will the webmail address change?
- Your email quota will increase to 50GB.
- If you use webmail (https://qmail.qub.ac.uk), you will notice the interface has changed.
- You will be able to archive email online in a separate mailbox
Will the webmail address change?
No, you will still be able to access your email using a browser at https://qmail.qub.ac.uk.
- What will happen to shared/generic mailboxes?