- Who Administers SharePoint?
Each SharePoint Site has at least one SharePoint Site Administrator (Owner) who has full control of the SharePoint Site.
SharePoint On Premise servers are managed by Information Services.Share
- Where is SharePoint data stored?
SharePoint data is stored on servers physically located on-campus in a secure server room behind the University firewall. These servers are managed by Information Services.Share
- Can I share files and folders on SharePoint?
By default, all the files stored on a SharePoint site are accessible to everyone with permission to access the site.
However a Site Owner can modify permissions to document libraries, folders or files to restrict access to specified people.
You can also share specific files or folders with people who don't otherwise have access to the SharePoint site.Share
- How do I access data on SharePoint?
- On-Campus: You can access SharePoint from any device. All you need is a web browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Off-Campus: SharePoint can be accessed via Queen's Online.
- Is SharePoint backed up?
Yes. Information Services back up SharePoint daily and retain back-ups for 1 year.
Additionally, as SharePoint has a recycle bin, a Site Administrator / Owner can recover items for up to 30 days without reference to Information Services.Share
- What happens to my SharePoint access if I leave Queen's?
As part of the leaving process, your access to SharePoint sites will be revoked by the Site Administrator / Owner.Share
- How secure is SharePoint?
Very secure. SharePoint On Premise data is stored on servers physically located on-campus in a secure server room behind the University firewall.Share
- Is SharePoint suitable for storage of sensitive or protected data?
By default, files stored on SharePoint are available to everyone with permission to access the site.
If you want to store sensitive or protected data on SharePoint, you must ensure that the data is encrypted and that access to the file has been modified so that only those people who are entitled to access the data can do so.Share