There are two categories of membership: Associate Personal for members using the library for educational and research purposes and Associate Corporate for members using the library for research in connection with their profession or business. Corporate associate cards can be used by a named authorised employee of the member organisation. Associate membership is available as an annual subscription only, the membership year starts from the date of application. Associate Members must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Northern Ireland.
Associate Membership does not include off-campus access to electronic resources. There is limited Library access to electronic resources on-campus and this access is defined by the licences negotiated with the providers. It does not include the use of Library electronic resources for commercial purposes.
For full details of the Associate Membership Scheme please click here.
Associate Personal Membership - Annual fees (all prices shown include VAT)
- QUB Graduates £69
- Recent QUB Graduates £54 (graduated from QUB within the last 6 months)
- All other personal associates £120
Associate Corporate Membership - Annual fees (all prices shown include VAT)
- Full rate £210
- Charities £105
You will be asked to show current photographic ID and proof of address (up to 6 months old) when you collect your card.
- Examples of photographic ID, one of the following - Current UK driving licence; Current signed passport; Current work ID; Electoral ID card.
- Examples of proof of address, one of the following - Bank/Credit Card statement (up to 6 mths old); Bank/Building Society Passbook (with recent update); Recent utitilties bill (up to 6 mths old); Recent payslip (with home address).
- Personal associate members may borrow up to 10 books from the unrestricted collections of any branch of the Library.
- Corporate associate members may borrow up to 15 books from the unrestricted collections of any branch of the Library.
- The short loan collection is not available for loan to associate members.
- The normal loan period is 4 weeks which may be extended on request. All books are subject to recall.
- Some law and official publications material is for reference use only.
- Associate members may also make use of services such as inter-library loan and document delivery for an additional charge.
- Please note that associate members must bring their library card with them to gain access to any of the Queen's Library sites.