Postal Loans Trial Service
The Library is trialling a postal loans service from 12th April until the end of term.
While we will continue to offer the speedy book chapter scanning service, we recognise that some people need to use the whole book for their studies.
The Library is therefore piloting a postal loans system for QUB staff and students starting on Monday 12th April, running through to Friday 4th June.
In order to use this free service you will need to contact your Subject Librarian with the following details:
- The book details including the author, title, edition and shelfmark
- Your student/staff number
- Your current postal address
Please note the following restrictions:
- Please allow up to 14 working days for the delivery of your books
- If an e-book is available on the catalogue or can be purchased, we will not be able to process your request, unless the e-book does not meet your accessibility needs
- Only Standard Loan books may be borrowed through this service
- We are unable to send Reference, Short Loan books or DVDs
- If the book you would like is currently on loan, we may be able to satisfy your request but it will take longer than normal. A member of staff will be in touch with you.
- Freepost returns labels will be sent to UK addresses. If you do not live in the UK you will have to pay return postage costs. Please note the books will remain your responsibility until they are received back in the Library.
- The Library reserves the right to temporarily withdraw this service if we are unable to keep up with demand
- The service does not cover Associate or SCONUL members of the Library