- Library members can borrow from any Queen’s Library using their staff, student or library card.
- Items can be borrowed at self-service stations in the McClay and Biomedical Libraries or at Borrower Services Desks.
- Items in the Short Loan collection may only be borrowed by Queen's University staff, students and teaching assistants.
- You can renew standard and 1 week loans up to five times if not requested by someone else. Short loan items are not renewable.
- You can also place requests for standard and 1 week loan items. Short loan items cannot be requested.
- Items may be recalled if required by another person
- Fines are charged for late return
- You may also borrow:
- Phone chargers
- Laptop mice (McClay Library)
- Universal laptop chargers (Medical and Biomedical Libraries)
- You will not be able to borrow if:
- you don’t have your library card
- you have fines of £5 or over
- you have very overdue books
Special loan rules apply to:
Borrowing and Returning Items - a video showing a student's view of how to borrow and return items in the Library using the self-service machines.